Many of our local missions partners have service opportunities that you can get involved in, ranging from helping with paperwork to mentoring opportunities. If you or your small group are interested in any of these opportunities contact Pastor Lucas or the ministries directly.
Union Rescue Mission
– “Manning” the donation table, helping clients pick out the things they need on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
– Once a month, organizing clothing and food for their clothing closet and food pantry. Times flexible.
International Students Inc.
– Friendship partners for new international students. Training required and available.
Central Kansas Prison Ministry
– Mentoring inmates and leading Bible studies on a weekly basis at the El Dorado Correctional Facility. Training required and available.
– Handling telephone intakes in the Call Center, 2 or 4 hour shifts.
– File/clerk work
Choices Medical Clinic
– Receptionists and administrative help
– Grounds keeping
– Transportation for clients
– Receptionist, 3 hour shifts
– Knitting/crocheting tiny hats and booties for new babies
– One-time need for yard work and cleaning up junk
– “Advocates” who will receive training on how to walk with clients through their visit and show the love of Christ to them.
First Free receives needs from social services in Sedgwick County to help unify families and keep families together. When these needs come to us, we share them with a group from church who works together to meet them. Let Pastor Lucas know if you’d like to be on that email list.
For more information on ways to connect with serving refugees in Wichita, contact Pastor Lucas.
Rides to Church
Here at First Free, we also have a group that helps give rides to kids or adults that need help getting to church. Let Pastor Lucas know if you’d like to help.