The First Free Pastoral Residency program is designed to equip seminary graduates with the practical skills and experience needed to become capable gospel-centered church leaders of tomorrow. You’ll receive exposure to a broad range of ministry, while also gaining focused experience with ministry-specific responsibilities in a large church. All accompanied with mentoring and coaching from our senior staff.
- Two-year, full-time residency (start June 2019)
- Paid position with benefits
- Full-tuition scholarship for final year at TEDS
- Placement support at the end of the residency
- Significant ministry and preaching opportunities
- Multi-ethic ministry opportunities with partner churches in Wichita
- MDiv student graduating from TEDS in May 2019
- Aspire to preach
- Meet qualifications to be an elder (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:7-9)
To apply, please prepare a document including the application details specified here. Your application should be formatted to 12-point font, single-spaced and no more than five pages in length. Completed applications need to be emailed to Josh Black by January 31, 2018.
Ask one of your TEDS professors and your pastor (in Chicago or home church) to complete a Pastoral Residency Reference by January 31.
We will return to campus in February to interview selected applicants. Finalists will then be scheduled for a second interview in Wichita and a decision will be made by the end of May.
Questions? Email Josh Black or call (316) 681-0664.