- As we head into a series in Judges, do you find yourself with an "eat your vegetables" attitude toward the Old Testament?
- Read Joshua 23:5-11 and 17:16-18. What was the instruction for Israel and how does that compare with what happens in Judges 1. What went wrong?
- Are there any areas where you are saying, "I can't," but God is saying, "You won't." What can help you distinguish between can't and won't when things seem impossible? What will motivate you to make a change in these areas?
- Our closing song mentions saints of old "retelling triumphs of [God's] grace." What stories can you share to help others keep their eyes on Christ?
- The call to Christianity is a radical call. Why does God insist on whole-hearted discipleship?