- How are you cultivating your relationship with God? Can you say with the hymn writer "I have no longings for another, I'm satisfied in him alone."
- Read Deuteronomy 6:4-9 and 20-25. How are you involved in passing on the faith in your own family, but also in the church family? What things has God used in your life to help you know him?
- We were made to worship. In what areas do you experience "the lure of idolatry" to divided devotion?
- We are far more influenced by our culture than we realize. How can you help one another in seeing where the practices and "rules" of the world have crept in?
- How is the anger of God in this passage a demonstration of God's love and faithfulness?
- Have you seen the "Judges cycle" play out in your own life? How can you use that experience to highlight the grace of God? Do you hide God's work in your life or celebrate it?