- What are the surprising people and plans God uses to deliver his people seen in our text this morning? How have you seen God work in surprising ways?
- When we forget God, we'll turn to serving other things. What are the things that have captured a place in your heart and drawn your devotion away from God (either now or in the past)?
- How do you know when a morally neutral or even good thing becomes an idol in your life?
- Why are we prone to continue serving "foolish" things rather than cry out to God for rescue?
- What are some practical things you can do this week to remember the power and faithfulness of God?
- How do these two judge cycles point forward to the deliverance in Christ?