- Read Hebrews 11:32-34. Why is Barak listed in the "hall of faith"? What does the author go on to say we should do in light of these stories in 12:1-2?
- Are there areas you feel you can't possibly stack up against the circumstances you are facing? What are the promises or instructions from God you need to remember?
- Deborah exhorts Barak to trust and act on what the the Lord has told him. Read Hebrews 3:12-13. Is there someone in your life that you could encourage toward greater faithfulness this week?
- Is there somewhere you are missing out on a "front row seat" to seeing God at work because of a hesitancy to obey?
- How do the women in this story serve to highlight the strength of God?
- Read 2 Corinthians 4:7-15. God's strength comes when we take him at his Word. Where do you see these truths playing out in your life? How can you grow in your ability to say "I believe, and so I spoke."