- When was the last time you felt rejected? How did you react?
- Have you experienced the temptation to worship an idol more because it has not delivered? Where did it lead you?
- "Sin is what we do when we aren't satisfied with God." What aspects of God's character could you meditate on so that you are satisfied with him more than these things you are tempted to pursue?
- Have you ever tried to "negotiate" with God? What is behind that and what are the different ways that can be expressed in your relationship with God?
- Jephthah was hurt deeply by those he should have been able to trust. But he also deeply hurt those that should have been able to trust him. How do we try to explain current sin by what's happened to us in the past? How can we respond differently?